Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 2: Play another slow jam...

There are few things in life that bring me more joy than music. My love affair with music started as a young child sitting by the radio with my tape recorder pressed up against the stereo speaker waiting for my favorite song to play so I could add it to my DJ Shawna Renee "mixtape". As I grew older and began to develop an interest in boys, my interests in music moved beyond the normal Hip-Hop and Pop to the classic R&B tunes of Anita Baker, Luther Vandross and The Isley Brothers. Suddenly of the mixtape princess became the Queen of the Slow Jams tape, a title that I proudly carry to this day (thankyouverymuch). There's something about a good love song that takes an ordinary moment and turns it into an extraordinary memory. So as we move through our 20 days of love why not add a little music to the mix.


If you need a little help deciding what to include on your slow jams tape, let the Queen make a few suggestions....

Moments in Love - Art of Noise
Sweet Love - Anita Baker
Baby Come to Me - James Ingram
If This World Were Mine - Luther Vandross
We've Only Just Begun - Glenn Jones
No Ordinary Love - Sade
Through the Fire - Chaka Khan
Anytime, Anyplace - Janet Jackson
Ooo Ahh (Remix) Boys II Men
If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys
Say Yes - Floetry

Be safe.

No comments: