Tuesday, January 26, 2010

20 Days of LOVE

So, yesterday I decide to pop into CVS to pick up a few things and as the automatic doors parted ways like two lovers torn apart by time, space and circumstances I quickly found myself wading knee deep in a sea of candy hearts, stuffed lions and tigers and bears (OH MY) and of course dozens of silk roses complete with fake me out plastic dew drops.

Ahh, ladies and gentleman, Valentine's Day is upon us.

Joy.

To be honest, I'm not really into Valentine's Day. For one, I really dislike roses, especially the red ones, and no matter how many times I say/write/scream this from the mountaintop, someone gets me a dozen red roses. Then there's the chocolate - the yucky melted dollar store chocolate that I receive with a smile and then immediately toss in the trash - I figure there's no need in me risking illness AND obesity. It's not that I don't appreciate the thought, it's that I know the thought didn't extend beyond the pressure my man felt when he looked up and realized it was 5:00 pm on February 14th and he was coming home empty handed. Not a good look. However, there are some couples that make a habit of celebrating love everyday, so when V-day rolls around, they just treat it like every other day and keep on doing what they do. Now, I recognize that to truly make everyday Valentine's day requires dedication, hard work and creativity. I can't help you with the first two, but what I can do is suggests some ways to show you sweetheart that you don't need no stinkin' Valentine's Day to show them how much you care. If you start today, I promise by the time 2/14 rolls around all she'll want to do is snuggle up on the couch and watch Charles Barkley wax poetic about LOVE and BASKETBALL.

So with that said....Let the games begin.

No comments: